The 1940’s pin-up poster girl look is making a comeback. The simplified feminine look has recently been picked up by celebrities like Katy Perry and Cristina Aguileria, and only last week style (and beauty) queen Kate Moss was seen sporting a 1940’s red romper suit.
Scarlett Johansson is another star looking purr-fectly divine in her latest ad campaign for Dolce and Gabbana. The va-va-voom look is back with a vengeance, so here are some make-up tips to have you looking definitively sexy.
Get the look-
· To get this feminine look you first need to create a flawless base. Use a primer on your skin before you add moisturiser. After this, apply a liquid foundation, preferably one with medium coverage and a silky smooth finish. Apply this with a sponge before powdering your face with a powder puff.
· Next, you need to sculpture around your facial features by sweeping a matte type powder under your jaw and cheekbones. The matte powder should be at least 2-3 shades darker than your natural skin tone. Make sure you blend this in well to achieve the look down to a tee.
· Once you have applied the base, lightly dust a pink or beach blush on your cheeks (the apples) using a blush brush. Do this sweeping upwards, putting the most colour in the middle, graduating it over the rest of your face. After this, apply a shimmer eye shadow to your entire eye lid. Move on to your brows and pencil them in.
· Using a liquid eyeliner, draw along your lash line, before ending it with a neat “tick”. This line should be quote thick and will give you the ultimate sexy eye look. Finish this off with mascara.
· To get the 1940’s bright bold lips, apply a small bit of foundation before lining them with a lip pencil. Using a lip brush, apply two coats of colour and then blot. Reapply the lipstick and then blot again. This is done for maximum hold and wearability. Finish the sheik look with a clear gloss
· . To complete the poster girl style, spritz damp hair and blow-dry it with a round brush. When the hair is warm and dry, section it off into pieces and wrap each one around two fingers and secure with a clip. Spray with hairspray, cool, unravel and brush it through again.